Monday, April 06, 2009

The Elf is 17 Months

It is true, Annelise is now 17 months old which is incredibly hard to believe. She is quite a little rascal and seems to have grown up quite a bit this past month, and everyone seems to notice how much she has grown.

Last week in nursery, she needed a diaper change (she will tell you, "poopoo" while pointing to her diaper), and after the diaper change the worker put her back down on the floor to play and Annelise turned to Hakima and said "Thank you". What a polite little girl I have!
She has quite a vocabulary of words and uses them often. I am not going to list them for you because only 4 people care (her grandparents) and I will just call them and tell them myself. She is a girl who knows what she wants and has been really resistant to using any sign language. We finally broke through and she will now sign "please" when she wants something. THat is her only sign, otherwise she points and uses words.

We have also entered the world of tantrums. Yea, for us. I think I can count the number of tantrums that Hadleigh had on one hand, so this is new territory for us. She will slowly lower herself to the floor while making a fuss, and when I walk to other room, she will get up and follow me and slowly lower herself to the floor in that room. It actually really makes me laugh. It is hard/impossible to distract her from what she wants, so we just wait for it to pass. Or if it is really bad, I will put her in her crib until she calms down. Her tantrums generally revolve around food (she will see something out on the counter, or in the cupboard) and REALLY want it, or it revolves around brushing her teeth (as in she wants to brush them all the time).
She loves people and whenever we are out she waves to everyone. It is super sweet. She is very affectionate too, and gives lots of hugs and kisses and cuddles and we just LOVE that. We are a very affectionate family, so it would be almost impossible to be one of us and not like hugs and kisses.

This month she had two rounds of pink eye. She came down with it first, and then she passed it to HC, and then HC passed it back. Currently both girls are on drops...I am going to rid this household of pink eye!

I think that Annelise is going to be our naked child. I have heard most households have at least one. The last two mornings we have gone to get her up she has managed to get out of her pajamas...what a feat!

I was asking the nursery worker about her the other day about how Annelise is in her class. I wasn't sure if she was really clingy, or independent. She seems to have a little of both. She wants to go out on her own and then come back to someone who will hold her. That seems to jive with what we have observed about her. At playgroup she can hold her own with HC and all HC's friends (all the kids are either a year younger or 1-2 years older) which is fun to see. And it seems that some of the playgroup friends are noticing Annelise as a friend and not just a baby.

I am getting a lot more questions about the girls being twins. I think because Annelise now looks more like a little girl, and when they are sitting in the stroller they seem to be the same size. I still find it fairly obvious that they are not, but whatev.
The other day I was helping HC do something in the playroom. When we were finished I realized I did not know where Annelise was and I could not hear her (BAD NEWS). I began walking around the house calling her name (of course she does not answer yet) and when I went into the family room I saw her in a little corner holding a Christmas bag. She had put her sippy cup in the bag and was drinking from it. HILARIOUS!
I recently posted a couple videos of Annelise on my facebook page, so if you have not checked that out, it is super cute and you need to.

No comments: