Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Miss Hadleigh Claire Bakes


The little miss has turned into quite a little helper. She LOVES to follow me around the house and help move the wash to the dryer, and vacuum, make beds, fold clothes, etc. Her new phrase is, "I do it" or "You help" (you refering to herself) or "Hadleigh Claire do".

In the past couple of weeks she has been helping me cook. It is fun, but sometimes cooking seems a little dangerous (with hot burners, etc). I am thinking baking is a safer option. Monday the little miss helped me bake snickerdoodles. She was SO excited when I said we would bake cookies. She helped me measure out and "dump" all the ingredients into the mixing bowl, especially loving to "tap" the flour. Yesterday we made granola bars and she was so excited to get to tap again.

Rolling each cookie into a ball was super fun and Hadleigh did a wonderful job. She did not completely get the rolling, but the cookies taste wonderful.

No comments: