Friday, July 18, 2008

Many Projects

Thought I would update on our project list. We have been busy. It is interesting being a home owner. We really love our home, but we continue to find little things wrong. We call our house the house of unfinished projects because it seems like the previous owners started and failed to complete a lot of things. We knew about several, but continue to uncover new projects at random. For instance there was a big pile of weeds in one corner of our yard and as Dave went to town clearning it he found a footprint for a shed. Random. And our patio is all ready to have a screened in porch, but it looks like they started the project 5 years ago and then just stopped.

It seems that the owners tried to spruce the house up a bit before selling, and while they didn't do a horrible job, they didn't do a great job. A lot of the woodwork molding is painted (like they just failed to tape it correctly) so now that we are painting colors we are having to paint the molding a bit. Just silly stuff. Glad I am married to McGyver who can fix ANYTHING. And it makes me happy that a lot of the things we are finding were on our list to do in the net 5 years anyway.

So...here are some of the things we have been up to...
I decided to keep my $90 per shade at Pottery Barn and make Roman Shades for Hadleigh and Annelise. They turned out well, and were fairly simple. Annelise's is first and Hadleigh's is second.
This is still in process, but it is a picnic blanket. I hope to finish it soon.



And this is our project of the weekend...painting the kitchen. I was REALLY nervous when Dave wanted this color. But I let my color "deficient" husband pick this one out and it is truly a winner. I thought it was going to be too yellow, but it looks super nice. Now if we can only agree on what pictures to hang on the wall! More pictures of this to come.

5 comments:

Brea said...

Hey - your kitchen looks GREAT! I really like the color. And I'm completely inspired to make my roman shades now. Very nice fabrics! And who knew you could quilt? When are we gonna have a girl's craft night?

Anonymous said...

I'm also feeling the pull of a lot of unfinished projects at our place. Thanks for the great inspiration--I just might get out the old sewing machine sometime soon!

Christy said...

It all looks so lovely! I'm so impressed with your endearing craftiness.

Lisa said...

I love the apple green in the kitchen. It looks so fresh and clean and cheerful and bright next to the pretty white cabinets. I can't wait to see it. Speaking of which...I'm going to be in Atlanta in October with work. Maybe we can get together :)

M & M said...

I too love the roman shades! I tried them once and found them pretty but rather unsuccessful functionally. I am sure yours are far better!