Monday, June 16, 2008

Twins?


This past weekend we went to Memphis...more on that later, but we had several folks ask us if Hadleigh and Annelise were twins.

My brothers are three years apart in age, but there were several times when they were mistaken for twins...but that was more when they were kids and not babies. It seems odd to me that someone could think a 7 month old is a twin with a 2 year old. Not to mention that my girls look nothing alike (though I suppose they could be fraternal).

Dave calls Annelise his recessive baby, because she received all of his genes, which he thinks are recessive to mine. I call Hadleigh my Jewish baby and Annelise my Scottish baby. Hadleigh looks like a Franklin, that good olive skin, the dark eyes, etc. While Annelise has white skin, green eyes, red hair.

It is fun to have such different girls, and we just continue to pray that they will be great friends.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Such a cute pic! I just can't even believe that someone would ask that. I've never been asked that, but Annie is pretty tall, has TONS of hair, and often gets asked if she's 3, so I suppose the fact that she looks older helps, but come on. Hadleigh looks 2!

jessrings said...

I like this picture- I don't know how you got them so still but that is fun!

M & M said...

I got that with my sister too--3 years apart--but certainly not at that age!