Friday, June 27, 2008

This Week

We are having lots of summer fun, and family fun in general. I thought I would just post a week in the life...of course this post has nothing to do with what I spend the majority of my days doing...cleaning, laundry, cooking, wiping, holding, feeding...but here are some fun things that we try to do.
Here we are at a local nature center last Saturday. We enjoyed a little stroll, and time on the playground. This pic of Dave and the girls was taken at the very beginning of a downpour...we ended up making it to the car, but were all wet. I think most of the people watching Dave with the girls were concerned, but he LOVES being outside in the rain with them and thinks it is good for their souls. You may also notice that Dave has lost his hair. Yes, it is true. About a month ago Dave went into the garage one night and walked back in the house without any hair. He claims he got hot. Some are shocked that he did this without my approval, but if this act shocks you then you do not know my husband.

Here are the girls hanging out in the backyard after naps last Saturday. In the afternoon Dave headed over to the Hooch to catch some fish (not a previous post of his adventures), so I spent a lazy afternoon kicking it in the yard with the girls. Dave did bring home two fish which we ate for lunch on Sunday. Yummy!
Monday I have some gals over for lunch and to spend some time praying. I do not have any pictures of that, but it is a fun time. I also took the girls to the pool after naps, we have been trying to go everyday, but this week we only made it on Monday because of either rain or other obligations. Tuesday we went to the zoo with playgroup. I had planned on bringing my camera, but nearing our departure Hadleigh dropped a glass bowl (yes I do feed her in glass containers and this is the first time she has dropped anything) which shattered all over the kitchen floor. In my frazzled state I was lucky to just make it to the zoo at all. Wednesday Hadleigh and Annelise hung out in their Halloween costumes. Hadleigh has been a giraffe for every Halloween of her life (only 2), and if all goes well and the creek doesn't rise she will be able to be a giraffe this year too (don't grow, don't grow).


Thursday we had Mother's Morning Out at my house. Three other moms and myself have been doing a little co-op with our kiddos who will all be in the same preschool class in the fall. It is super tiring, but probably worth it to have 3 weeks off. Hadleigh was SO excited that it was going to be at our house, and Alex came over to give me a little extra hand with the kiddos. Here is Alex reading to Hadleigh and Anne Marie. Alex is a super girl and I am so thankful for her help. She was the flower girl in my wedding and now is almost old enough to babysit!

Today is family fun day and we went to a "local" farm and ended up picking blueberries. We had planned on picking blackberries, but found they were a bit lame...maybe all the good ones had been picked, or maybe we are just super spoiled from the AMAZING German blackberries, but the ones we found were just not good. THe blueberries were amazing, and Hadleigh could not stop eating them and saying Yu-MMY! The whole way home she was asking for more berries. Super cute! Annelise was less than impressed, but really liked the leaves and even choked on some. She also showed her disdain for berry picking by crying the whole way to the farm and the whole way home. Nice...I also picked up some squash and cucumbers and Dave grabbed a few okra...dinner tomorrow night will be Yu-mmy!

We are looking forward to another fun week and Dave is especially looking forward to fireworks next Friday!

1 comment:

Christy said...

My favorite things about this post:

1. That Dave shaved his head because he was hot. This is so Napoleon Dynamite. Fabulous.

2. That your girls hung out in their halloween costumes just because.

3. That Hadleigh and Andrew share a passion for blueberry picking/eating. I'm sure Annaleise will be more on board next year. :-)