Friday, June 06, 2008

Miss Hadleigh Claire Is 27 Months


This month we have officially entered the TWOs, meaning Hadleigh's will has caught up to her age. We have good days and bad days, hard days and easy days, fun days and days that I just need a large margarita.

Last week I thought I was going to die...this week has been fun and with only minor drama. It was nice to have a bit of break from the drama. She goes through spells of defiance and "no" and "mine" and whining...oh help us all! Last weekend I spent some time with friends who are just a bit ahead of me. It was so encouraging to get some perspective on my current life stage. This is just a hard stage.

Hadleigh has become quite a little singer. She sings all the time, and I am always impressed with the amount of words she remembers from different songs. Her new songs for this month are ABC, Halleluja-Praise ye the Lord, Sing a Song (from Sesame Street), Old McDonald, Wise Man Built His House, Happy Birthday (after we sing it she always says...ooo, cake! Yu-mmy!).

She loves all her little friends and asks to see them everyday. The pool has been a big hit so far and she likes putting her face in and blowing bubbles. We are going to look into getting her some lessons, which I think will prove easier than trying to teach her myself. Drama!

The phone is a new favorite "toy" and she always asks to call Grandma or Nana, the main problem is that she doesn't talk when someone is actually on the other line.

She seems be a pretty shy little girl, and will only greet people when they are a safe distance away from us. A few of us are doing a little coop this summer and taking turns watching 4 toddlers. I was told that Miss HC did not say a word this past week. She was happy, just did not talk. Hilarious! I am not surprised at all.
Becoming more verbal comes with fun and dramatic interactions. It is so fun to hear her express herself. She loves talking about the helicopters and planes that she sees, her friends, her books, and what she wants to do/eat. It is dramatic to hear her express her frustration when she doesn't get her way. But overall there are days when she shows signs of being polite and it is always nice to see that after instructing her again and again she is slowly understanding how to ask for things.
I just adore my little Miss. She is such a fun and hilarious little girl and it is a joy to be her Mama.

1 comment:

Brea said...

I can relate on the whining front...somebody please make the whining stop! They are so sweet and fun and simultaneously so challenging at this age.