Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Faces of Hadleigh Claire



Sunday Hadleigh will be five months old.

She becomes more cute every moment. She regularly laughs and coos.

She loves to sing any song, but especially has recently liked Supercalafragalistic (which I sang over and over when I was taking these pictures).

We just finished reading Winnie the Pooh, she really loves to read and has begun to really interact with the books. Her other favs are Fuzzy Bee and Friends (because Mommy lets her touch that one), Wild About Books, and The Little Red House on the Little Green Island.

She rolls over both ways and scoots around on her belly to get things that she wants. She loves sucking on one finger, her whole hand, or both hands at the same time. She is a very distracted eater.

I can’t read and nurse anymore, she is too interested in what I am doing. I can’t talk and nurse her either. Total silence is the only way she will eat. She takes 3 good naps and sleeps 12-14 hours at night (generally a 9-10 hour stretch and then a shorter stretch). She has been eating every 3 hours, but is slowing getting down to every 4 hours.

She entertains herself pretty well, playing in her bouncy seat, or on her playmat.

She is beginning to eye our food intently, so I know she will be ready to eat in another month when we start giving her solids. I am doing all my research now because we intend to make our own baby food. I finished reading Super Baby Food and am awaiting First Meals (that Sar Blom recommended because of the pictures). I am sure that will be an insane adventure, especially since we will be packing and moving during the month of September.

No comments: