Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cordoba

When I was a junior in high school I took Spanish 3 with Sra. Blackburn. One of our assignments was to memorize a poem entitled Cordoba. I can remember the whole thing even though I memorized it over 10 years ago. As an aside, I can also recite the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish, which I learned my freshman year with Sra. Armstrong.

Tomorrow we are leaving on our last European adventure. At least our last for a little while (I do plan on being back over here one day). And our last adventure will be to Spain. It is still summer in Spain, unlike here where it is in the high 40s, so I look forward to one last use of my tank tops.

We are not going to Cordoba, but I will recite the poem anyway.

Cordoba
Lejana y sola
Jaca negra, luna grande
Y aceitunas en mi alforja
Aunque sepa los caminos
Yo nunca llegare a Cordoba
Cordoba
Lejana y sola

We shall see how far my 5 years of Spanish gets me. I am sure I will have some good stories when we return.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Funny, Sra. Rahmeyer (the German Spanish teacher) had us listen to Eres Tu, and sing some month song: uno de enero...
Anywho, I remember the month song, but with Eres Tu, I just remember her getting really mad because we were all giggling.