Wednesday, January 26, 2011

True is 6 Months

I feel like it was just yesterday that I was lugging my cankles and huge prego self around, but truly that was 6 months ago during the worst summer I have ever experienced in Atlanta.  And now my ankle is visible again and I am holding a 6 month old in my arms.  Insanity.

True is the sweetest baby ever.  YOu may take that to the bank.  He is full of smiles and coos and giggles.  And because he is so nice it makes the fact that he is STILL not sleeping through the night a little easier.  From a month old he has been waking up to eat and going back down, which is ever so nice, but he has failed to get the whole 12 hours in one shot.  He loves an early bedtime and likes to go down at 5.30.  I mean he is toast after that, and has no interest in staying awake.  He has made it as long as 4am, which is a great stretch (if only he was going to bed at 7 it would be fabulous), but alas 4am is still a bit early in my book.  Usually he wakes up a couple times and then gets up to start the day with his big sisters at 7.  He takes a morning nap and an afternoon nap and sometimes a late afternoon nap and then back to bed again at 5.30.  We are actually starting to push him hard on the sleep thing, so stay tuned.  We did have our first full night of sleep this past week, but it was a fluke because the poor little dude had surgery on Wednesday and was all drugged out.  It was nice for us though!

YOu read right, he did have exploratory surgery this past week.  He did fabulous and you would never have known the following day that he had 5 little incisions all over his abdomen.  Poor buddy!  But what a trooper.  All is well, thankfully, and no more surgeries are necessary, so all in all we are pleased.  The docs went in to check some things out because they had some concerns, but as I mentioned he is fine and we are fine and glad it is all behind us.  The whole situation made me very thankful that I live in a fab city with two fabulous children's hospitals.  I am blessed.

True started eating solids around Christmas time.  Dave had been encouraging me to try feeding him, but I was not interested in starting solids until 6 months old.  Both the girls had little interest in food until 8 or 9 months, so I did not want to waste my time with it all.  But one day when I had a bit of extra time and I had just made some applesauce which he was looking at longingly.  So, I grabbed a spoon and offered him some.  He devoured a 1/2 cup of the stuff (I always knew my applesauce was good).  I was so shocked.  And he has been eating ever since.  Sweet potatoes, oatmeal, pears, bananas, peas, butternut squash.  He has not put his nose up to anything.  I am so impressed.


Little True is not close to being on the move, which is fine by me.  He has not started rolling over or sitting up.  But, poor guy I don't often put him on the ground because I am afraid Annelise will body slam him (seriously, the other day I thought she cracked one of my ribs).  So he gets a kick out of his exersaucer and one day hopefully he will figure out rolling.

Overall he is a joy to have around.  We are looking forward to this next month with him.  His next big event will be his baptism, which is always a joyous event.  ANd I hope to post some more pictures of my sweet little man soon.

1 comment:

Christy said...

He is insanely beautiful.

And I love the word "cankles."