Sunday, January 09, 2011

Bring on the Global Warming


"They" are calling for snow in Atlanta tonight.  Yesterday "they" were calling for 4-6 inches which could potentially be record breaking.  Today "they" have changed their minds and are calling for 2-4 inches, which is still note worthy for us, and will likely shut down the city.  Whenever "they" call for it I feel skeptical about whether it will actually arrive or not.  We shall see!  Of course I went on my normal Sunday afternoon trip to the grocery not even thinking about all the crazies who are nervous about the storm and buying up all the milk and bread!  Fortunately we buy the expensive milk, which they had not sold out of yet.  But if you were looking for jet puffed mini marshmallows for your hot chocolate you are outta luck!

The pictures are from a day long ago when I actually lived in a place where it snowed regularly...like from October to May.  Ugh!  But it was beautiful and wonderful and I enjoy thinking about the snow we had...when I did not have to dig my car out from the driveway at 9 months prego!  Dave made this lovely snow house during the winter of 2005.  He worked on it for several hours one morning and lost his wedding ring somewhere in that house....ah...how he wears a $10 ring he bought at the PX.

 Happy snow day to everyone, and remember if you do not know how to drive int he snow, please stay off the roads!  I am more worried about someone else hitting me than slipping on ice...Atlanta drivers are treacherous!

No comments: