Monday, July 06, 2009

The Elf is 20 Months

One of the weirdest things about this month with Annelise is that I will look at her and think, this is how old HC was when Annelise was born. Wow, that is shocking! I am certainly glad I am not about to pop another baby out anytime soon.
In some ways Annelise seems little, but in some ways Annelise seems big. She has always been a decent communicator and really knows what she wants. That continues to develop with every passing day it seems. She has been calling things by the sounds that they make, so a sheep is "baa" and a train is "choo choo" and a horse is "neigh". Two of my favorite words right now are "sorry" which she says as she puts her head down, and then "meuw" which from all I can tell means "yes, ma'am".
This past month she has been working on some potty skills. She will say "poopoo" and then when I take her to the potty she will actually poop in the potty! What? I have been avoiding doing the full potty training because of our many trips this summer, but last week in CO she was keeping her diaper dry and basically just telling me when she needed to go potty. What the... So, this week we are hitting potty training boot camp in full force. I am hoping for the best, and so far so good. I do not understand how a 20 month old can potty train herself, but mine basically did.

She hasn't thrown many tantrums this month...which is a relief. We'll see if that is really over, or just a quiet month.

She is still a little daredevil. I caught her wanting to jump off a ledge whether I was standing there or not. Yikes! We need to watch this one. She loves being tickled. She loves saying hello and waving to everyone we pass. She gives great big hugs and kisses which is the sweetest thing ever. She is my girl and I am so happy that I have had these last 20 months with her.

No comments: