Friday, July 10, 2009

Colorado

The Fam on the deck of our rental
Last week our girls added another state to their list, Colorado! I think we need to start a talley on their travels, because I cannot keep it all straight. I'll work on that one.
Colorado University- Boulder
My family lives in 3 different states, CA, GA and OR, and we have decided that every couple years we should all get together. Ya know, sometimes families do that kind of stuff. Two years ago we rented a house in Sonoma County and did some wine tasting. And this year I hunted a house down near Estes Park, CO. I actually was hoping for Banff, Alberta, but ran out of options, so moved down to Jackson Hole, WY and then settled on CO. It is hard to find a house that is big enough to house 12 people, AND is wheelchair accessible. Don'e believe the hype either, just because some crazy yo says it is wheelchair accessible does not mean it is. I cannot tell you how many times I asked to find out that all the bedrooms were on the second floor...Oh, I am sorry you see when I say someone is in a wheelchair, I mean they cannot walk up a flight of stairs! Duh! OK, let's move on.
The Fam after hiking at Hall Ranch
Walking toward main street Estes Park
We flew out a day early and stayed in a little hotel in Estes Park, which is SO cute. We had such a blast walking along the river and chilling out with the girls before the rest of my family arrived. These are the times when Dave and I look at each other and are just glad to be together as a family. We loves lots of fun adventures.
The Cousins- Hadleigh (3), Matt (4), Jack (22 months), Annelise (20 months)
The rest of the week was pretty low key. We hung out in the house, which was amazing! 7,000 square feet, 3 levels with an elevator, it was on the top of the cliff and we could see the lights of Boulder 30 miles away. Awesome. We spent a morning in Estes Park, a morning in Boulder, one morning we went on a family hike. The rest of the time we played Phase 10 and Mexican Train, read lots of books, played with the kiddos and sat around chatting about this or that. The girls had a great time with their cousins, Matt (4) and Jack (22 months), their Papa and Nana, and their Uncles and Aunties.

Uncle Chris and Hadleigh Claire

2 comments:

M & M said...

What a sweet family portrait!
Sounds like a great time! (espec. the mex. train :) ) If you ever want a different type of adventure, you guys are more than welcome to come visit H-town and stay with us. We have plenty of room...

CP said...

What is Mexican Train?