Thursday, June 25, 2009

Insulate...

I am so behind in posting...I am not sure why, but this month has just been a crazy one. Actually I do know why, but too much drama for me to write about here.

This was our most recent home improvement project. Technically I was not planning to be so intimately involved in this project. Ah well. Last Thursday we had 120 bags of insulation delivered to our home. We managed to finish 30 bags on Thursday night (Dave was in the attic and I was outside cutting the bags open and feeding them into the machine). And then on Friday (when it was 90 outside at 9 in the morning) we finished 60 more bags. THe remaining 30 will have to wait until the fall when it is a little coller outside. I will say that already we have noticed a 5 degree temperature difference in our home. Amazing. Not only that, but we apparently get to participate in the stimulus package (get a 30% write off on "green" updates on your home). Yea...Uncle Sam, you can give me money back, thanks!

No comments: