Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The Elf is 19 Months

My little elf is 19 months old. I will tell you that I learned something new about Annelise this month, or maybe I already thought this, but it is now completely confirmed. Annelise is a daredevil. She knows NO fear. She likes to ride fast on her big wheel. She likes to climb up steps and go down slides. She LOVES the pool. She likes to jump into the pool and has no problem going under the water when she jumps in. Annelise also loves to float on her back, blow bubbles and kick. She is a water baby. I thought HC was my water baby, but I was wrong, it is Annelise. Not only does she love the water, but she is also great at floating on her back, and generally can do it on her own with me holding her head. Impressive.
Annelise has never been a great sleeper, like Hadleigh, however Annelise can fall asleep lots of places. This is a new concept to the McNay household. Annelise will fall asleep on your shoulder, in the stroller, in the car seat. Amazing. I did not know these children existed. Poor thing, I try not to take advantage of this trick, but sometimes she gets too worn out for me to make it home in time. This morning she fell asleep in the stroller on the walk home from the pool, and it was only 1215. You can see her above, she is trying to sleep on the floor on the CNN center.

Annelise LOVES to give high-5's. It is SO cute. She will help buckle her carseat and then ask, "five?" How can you resist this little face? She is still my cuddle bug and gives me hugs and kisses all day long. I do not know what I would do without my little elf!

No comments: