Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Miss Hadleigh Claire is 3.2

This past month has been very eventful for the little miss. She has been consistently dressing from head to toe in the morning. This is such a fun activity and I am so happy about this achievement! She loves to have a say about what she is going to wear which can occassionally become painful, but we are trying our best to minimize this. She seems to know which shirts are for school and which socks are for church. This can be helpful but also painful as you can imagine.
Another milestone is that she can climb into her carseat and buckle herself in. Yea! This is such a fabulous skill to possess. Both the dressing and the buckling came with a lot of practice. One of her favorite phrases the past couple months is "I can't", and I have heard this is a common 3 year old phrase. We have been able to switch out "I can't do it" with "I can do it!" After each accomplishment we exclaim (with great joy and excitement) "I CAN DO IT." She loves to say this now...and I love to hear it!Miss HC has begun memorizing scripture verses. This is super fun, although sometimes I have to get REALLY creative about how I explain them to her. She has memorized Colossians 3.20, Psalms 34.15-16, and Psalms 115.1. I love hearing her say the little verses. While searching the web for some resources on Family Worship I stumbled onto John Piper's website. He has a verse for every week that his congregation memorizes, and we thought that was a decent place to start. I had the Bible verses ABC book, but it just seems silly to have HC memorize things like "Jesus wept" when I know she can do a more complete thought. Anyway, we are going to work on Psalm 34 for a while and see what we can come up with. It might be too hard, but so far we are all enjoying it.

I have also been working hard at trying to know and understand HC. I am reading the book "Nurture by Nature" and I think it has been helpful in helping me identify HC's little personality (the book walks through the Myers Briggs Types...ENFP, etc). It has been a fun book to read and tool to help me think through how HC responds in different situations and how that comes from who she is. I love using the Myers Briggs, so it is helpful for me to think in those terms.
OK, that is about all I have to say re the little miss. You can see from some of the pictures that she has a new unique way of smiling for the camera. It usually involves looking off into the distance and smiling. You can see in the picture above that she is showing off the panda stamps she got at the zoo.

1 comment:

Brea said...

Ooo, I like the "I can do it" idea. We hear a lot of "I can't" around here, too.

You are a fabulous mom, by the way, Ami. You are really consistent in training and teaching your children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Happy Mother's Day!