Monday, August 25, 2008

Fun with Friends

I was thinking about our recent trip to Cali. We were out there for 10 days which I think is the longest amount of time I have spent in NP since I graduated college 10 years ago. Since we were there I did have a good amount of time to kick it with some old friends. Here are some highlights...

First I was able to meet my best friend, Erica's (hopefully) new son. Of course I took pictures of him, but cannot post them because of confidentiality. They are fostering to adopt and have an adorable little 6 month old. If all goes well they will be able to begin adoption in October, and so far all seems to be going well. It is about as certain as things get in the foster system. He is a cutie pie and Hadleigh just loved playing with him. Apart from spending time with her little boy, Erica and I also had a fun time watching the Olympics together. We were literally screaming while we watched Lezak swim the race of his life to win the gold in the 4x100 relay. Erica and I both used to swim that relay together, so it brought back some memories.

I had two oppostunities to kick it with my old bud Em. She brought her kiddos- Shalom and Brother over to play with my girls. Her kids are hilarious! On a different evening we were able to go out for coffee. Who knew that NP now has like 7 starbucks? One problem...they close at 9...??? Anyway, it was fun to talk about old times and new times.

I was able to see my old bud Laura, and we went out for Greek food...again...who knew that NP had become so diverse in just 10 years. We shut the place down too. The last time we had kicked it was actually when she visited us in Germany. Before that all of my fun memories are from our crazy trip to Romania 10 years. She said it was the trip of her life...which was encouraging. I think there is only one other person from that team who had a good time. However all of my good memories from that dramatic trip are wrapped up in her and Colleen. Thanks Laura...you rock!

Lastly, my good and oldest friend, Sar came up with her two girlies. Sar and I have almost identicl lives...except that she got married at 22 and me not so much. Oh yea, and I lived in Germany and she not so much. Oh yea, and she lives in the OC...and I definitely do not. =) Other than that, we are like the same person. Her daughter, Annie is 3 months older than Hadleigh, and Jill is 3 days older than Annelise. I was pretty bitter about Jill coming before Annelise did...I was due a week before her...however all is fair when talking about a baby. So, Sar brought up Annie and Jill and we headed down to our little park with my whole family. Unfortunately my little miss HC was in a pretty foul mood...but after about 45 minutes decided Annie was cool and that she wanted to play with her. I also had to keep Annelise away from Jill, because Annelise had a raging sinus infection...blah! I know you are looking at the pictures wondering how Annie can only be 3 months older than HC. I promise she is...Annie was born a girl...she was never a baby!

Here is Chris and Rubie with Annelise and Jill...hmm...I think they look well with twins!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So fun! I was so thankful to get some time with you!

Anonymous said...

Great photos--wish we could have been there too, although I'm sure the chaos would have been a bit too much...