Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A Short Emergence...

I just wanted to post again quickly about some interesting things I have had the chance to ponder on the last couple of days. First, thanks, of course to my bud Lisa...totally agreed, if a church is preaching the gospel and people are brought to repentance...in some ways...who cares? When my buds Brian and Elaine were down here visiting a couple weeks ago we had an interesting discussion too. Ya know, Wesleyan Theology is not the antithesis of Reformed theology. We are all playing for the same team...with some different thoughts and points of view, but overall the same team. I have also enjoyed reading a book recently that has pointed out the many similarities between the crazy Reformed folks and the crazy Wesleyans...good word.

I also have received a couple of good book recommendations. "Velvet Elvis" by Rob Bell, and then "Radical Reformission" by Mark Driscoll.

Our buds the Stoddards are here visiting for a few days and Dave just finished the book by Driscoll. I also found an interesting article about Driscoll's book that made me even more anxious to pick it up. But I am sure the Family Christian Bookstore won't have it, so we will see if I can find a copy of either of these books before we leave on vaca.

1 comment:

Brea said...

Very interesting article...if you get the book, I'd love to borrow it after you're done.