Thursday, July 05, 2007

Can You Spell Clean


Our 7 favorite house guests just left after a fun whirlwind visit. Dave went to college with David Stoddard who is now a missionary in Berlin with MTW. David was the best man in our wedding, and also baptized Hadleigh Claire last summer. He and Eowyn have 5 children, Jesse is 8 and the oldest, and Ethan is the youngest at 14 months. We camped out all over our little house. They all went to visit Dave and got their teeth cleaned (except Emma and Ethan). They paid a visit to First Baptist's missionary clothes closet and scored some awesome clothes. We walked around the corner to our fav breakfast hang-out the Waffle House, and also took a trip to Chastain Pool.

Let me tell you am I ever tired. Today we rearranged the house back to normal, letting all the air out of the air mattresses and doing several loads of laundry...sheets and towels. The house is mostly in order again, and I just finished cleaning the kitchen.

As I was cleaning I pondered three things.

1. I do not feel like my kitchen is clean unless all the counters and sinks have been wiped down with Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner. I love the smell and it just makes me feel really clean inside. I was thanking God for Lysol as I wiped everything down.

2. Whoever created linoleum flooring should be reprimanded. It is the nastiest stuff I have ever encountered in my life. I cannot keep the darn floors looking clean. Just two weeks ago Dave and I got on our hands and knees and used Cascade (which works the best) to scrub every inch of the floor until it looked like new. I kept thinking that if I vacuumed and waxed it everyday it might stay clean. No luck. Within two days it was looking horrible.

3. I love Pine Sol. Original Scent Pine Sol. The problem is the only place in my house that is tile is the bathroom. Pine Sol is useless on linoleum. Pine Sol is the other cleaner that spells clean for me. I think because my whole house in Germany was tile and when I would finish mopping my whole house would smell of Pine Sol. I think I might need to go take a smell of it right after I finish typing.

So, there you have it. My fav cleaners.

On an entirely separate note, Hadleigh Claire took her very first steps (unassisted) in church this past Sunday. It was great, especially because a whole load of our friends were standing around and witnesed the whole thing. Hopefully by the time this new little one comes HC will not need to be carried as much.
I have also officially made it to 24 weeks prego. I met the other midwife in the practice, and she is super nice. I was able to hear the little one's heart, and I was measured for the first time. All went well with the measuring...I am still trying to understand that phenomenon, but it was fun to finally experience it.

3 comments:

jessrings said...

Is Hadleigh crying in this picture b/c she's just that disgusted with herself for not walking yet?

Jean Joiner said...

i hate linoleum floors too! i gave up on keeping mine clean. i'm amazed at you and dave's effort to scrub them on your hands and knees.

Christy said...

I have a friend named Eowyn, too! Yours is the only other Eowyn (other than the obvious) that I've ever heard of. Cool.