Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Stats


A friend informed me today that I didn't have enough info about Hadleigh that other Mom's are interested in. So here are some interesting factoids.

Hadleigh Claire was born Tuesday, March 7 at 0352, she was 54cm and 3300g (21 inches and 7lb. 3oz.)

My contractions started at 0500 March 6. We went to the hospital at 1100, I was less than 1 cm dialated. After having contractions 6-7 minutes apart all day I was still oless than 1 cm dialated. We left the hospital at 1800. We went back to the hospital at 2100. I finally dialated up to 2 cm at 2330 and we were admited to the labor room. I sat on the fun excercise ball and we sang along to an oldies CD. I was 3 cm at 0200. At 0330 they called the doc and I pushed her out at 0352.

I lost a lot of blood during the birth and so because of my blood iron level they wanted me to stay at the hospital until Saturday (after she was born on Tues morning). But I managed to convince them by dinner time on Friday that I was ready to go home. The German hospital was awesome and I have already told Dave if the Lord gives us another baby I will fly back here to deliver. The Germans know how to do babies.

I am nursing and will continue until 6 months or she gets teeth. She is a good eater, and haven't had any issues there.

We had a family bed for the first 3 weeks she was alive which was a literal nightmare. But at 3 weeks she finally made it to her own bed. Thank the Lord.

At 4 weeks she started smiling.

At 6 weeks she began sleeping through the night. She generally sleeps 8-10 hours, but every now and then will go 6 hours and then eat and then go antoher 6. She likes to be up with us, but I am pretty nazi-ish about her sleep ("Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby" by Weisbluth).

At her 2 month appt she was 24 inches and 4600g (which I think is about 10lbs. 4oz). She is in 90% for height and 50% for weight.

She likes her swing, and her bouncy seat. She LOVES bath time.

She can roll from stomach to back. She has discovered her tongue (which helps with her drooling problem) and has discovered she can use her feet to make sounds out of her bouncy seat and to splash Dave and I while she is in the tub.

She likes to read with me. Baby books as well as theology books.

She loves other people. She has always been very alert, loves looking around. She likes being held by anyone (she is very cuddly) and usually rewards folks with her beautiful smile.

We love our little Hadleigh.

No comments: