Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Baby Contest


Very out of character for us, but we did enter Hadleigh in a Baby Contest last week. It is hard for a 9 week old to compete with little girls in pigtails who can smile and laugh on command (that is my sorry excuse for why she didn't win). That will certainly be the last contest we enter her in, I felt like I was corrupting her by even entering her to begin with. But as Dave says now we have gotten that over with and don't have to do it again.

As everyone continues to tell us what a beautiful baby we have, we both continue to thank the Lord for giving us Hadleigh. It has also motivated me to begin praying that the Lord would make her beautiful on the inside. I have been praying the Lord would give her strong character and a love for all kinds of people.

As well, we pray that the Lord would call her to Himself. It is amazing to think that little Hadleigh was born into sin. But she has this new cry which I call the sinful cry. It is not a hungry, or tired cry, it is just a scream that she didn't get something she wanted. Yes, my 10 week old is sinful, but we continue to pray that the Lord will change her heart of stone into a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36).

No comments: