Thursday, August 25, 2005

Chicago Cubby Surprise


I doubt that the picture needs much explanation. That little baby is swimming (dancing in praise to our Lord!) around in Ami's tummy! Surprise!

We certainly have had a fun time rejoicing and marveling over the Lord's timing and sense of humor. We had planned on traveling and seeing the some more of the world, but this littlest McNay just couldn't wait!

Things have slowed down significantly for me because I am struggling with "all day sickness". Fortunately, I had given my notice at work before we even found out about the baby and so I only had to work a couple of weeks while feeling poorly. At present I read, sleep, eat (me too), sit on the couch, and go out for occasional PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) meetings. Things will pick up a little in the fall as PWOC kicks off September 12, but we are still trying to keep life simple. I am currently 13 weeks along and hoping for a break in sickness at 14 weeks (me too), but we can't count on anything. At least we know that I will be feeling better sometime around March 5 (me too).

We are calling the little one Cubby (or Walnut is my favorite) because the baby will certainly have to be a Cubs fan-sorry Jeff- since the little one is a Chicago baby. I don't think we will go as far as naming him/her Sosa, but it is fun nonetheless. Though Cubby is an American (me too) he will be born in a German hospital in Idar-Oberstein (or in the car on the way there). They have a great staff and facility and we are pleased with the care I have received. I met my doctor and the Chief Doctor today, they reviewed my massive medical records/history and both marveled (and me too...my boys can swim!) that I was able to so "easily" carry this baby. We are thankful to the Lord and revel in His goodness to us, and continue to pray for Cubby that he will grow to love and serve the Lord.

(Dave is intalics)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking maybe Ernie, the greatest cub of all times - Ernie Banks. Or just do what i did and Ryno, Ryne Sandberg. Anyway, congrats! There is always Nomar, Fergie, Fergie would even work for a little lady. Awesome news!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats to you both! How exciting. As a mom of a 19 and 21 year old...all I can say is..it goes fast! Best wishes to you and your little "cubby".

Carol Siddall
MTW

jessrings said...

Why is it a "Chicago" baby...oh wait, don't answer that.

Anonymous said...

OH PRAISE THE LORD! I am soooooo rejoicing over your news! God is GOOD! I can't tell you how much I needed this! Love to you all!
Ashleigh

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!! I am thrilled for you guys! But I have to admit that I hope the rendering from the library of London is a little off...=)

Anonymous said...

Hooray! God never ceases to amaze, right? Congrats and complete health to all 3 of you. :-)
Anne B.