Saturday, September 24, 2005

17 Weeks and Counting


OK, so here I am at week 17. Dave used some photo techniques in the first picture to make me look larger than I really am. The second picture is more acurate to my size. I wish that I was a little larger than I am because this past week many ladies made comments that I looked about 12 weeks pregnant. Though I should have taken it as a compliment, two things ran through my head. 1-There is something wrong with Cubby, the little one must not be growing properly, etc. 2-I am not as far along as they told me and I am going to have to repeat weeks 13-17. Neither option sounded appropriate to me. I did, however, have my 17 week appt on Thursday and both Dave and I were able to see our healthy little Cubby moving around in my tummy. Now I am just thankful that I am small, but know that the days of becoming large are around the corner.

My major accomplishment for this week has been keeping down the vitamins 3 days in a row! I am hoping my next major accomplishment will be to keep enough down to actually gain a few pounds! All in due time I know.

2 comments:

jessrings said...

Wow Ami! I can't believe it's really happening. You are beautiful of course and I know this sounds cliche but Cubby is so blessed to have you and Dave as parents!!

Anonymous said...

A picture! Yea! You are so beautiful! You are loving this, I'm sure. Don't worry, you'll get big, REALLY big and then you'll swear your clothes have shrunk! That's exactly what I thought during my last month but really, my thighs were increasing with my nightly dish of ice cream. By the way, I'm a firm believer in daily ice cream for calcium and to aid in lactation. So as long as you're pregnant or breast-feeding, you must indulge, daily.