Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Is That Paprika I Smell?

Here is another shout-out for roast chicken, and for my just in case you happen to recently turn to the dark-side and go vegetarian on all of us, have no fear, this is super yummy even without the chicken.  A yummy recipe for roast chicken without the chicken...odd, huh?

Roast Chicken Breasts with Garbanzo Beans, Tomatoes and Paprika.  Is your mouth watering yet?  I made this last night with a whole chicken, but I have also made it without the chicken, just roasting the beans and tomatoes together.  Yumm-o.  I leave out the red pepper for the kiddos, and they devour this every time I make it.  I served it over quinoa, with that yogurt concoction...mmmm.  Last night I even got a shout-out from little miss HC.  "Oh, Mama, this is so good, I am so thankful that you made it for me."  And she ate every last bite.

Annelise are almost every bite, but she is three and likes to fight back recently.  In fact, and this is just a random side note about my day yesterday...it was from down-under.  Really!  My multi-tasking abilities were put to the test, and I think I lost.  I try to let Annelise have full reign over her choice of clothes.  If you want to wear two skirts, go ahead.  A skirt under a dress, marvelous.  You want to wear two different socks?  Perfect, what fashion!  But yesterday, we made it all the way to Hobby Lobby before I realized that Annelise had left the house without panties.  Nice.  I should have turned around and headed home immediately upon realizing that.  Why I did not, I have no idea.  The signs were all there, it was going to be a fight.  Big breath.  At last count everyone is still alive, including Annelise.  What is it about being three?  Wowee, she is giving me a run for my money.  I love her little spirit, but wow.

Enough about that, just enjoy the chicken.  MMMMMMM good.

1 comment:

M & M said...

Looks really yummy! Printed it out and will have to try.