Thursday, October 14, 2010

Granola

I have never been a big fan of cereal. Growing up I would always eat either Cheerios (regular, plain Cheerios) or oatmeal (hold the brown sugar please). Mom always said I was a healthy eater, I'm not so sure about that, but I was never big on sweets at least. No chocolate or candy for me. I always passed on the soda and hated pizza (I actually tolerate pizza these days, but would never choose on my own to eat it).

Dave is not a big cereal eater, he likes protein- eggs and bacon (turkey) or yogurt and granola. Occasionally he will buy a box of Rice Krispies or Corn Flakes. For the last several years I have made homemade granola bars which are super yum and fairly easy to make. I always make a HUGE batch and freeze a bunch for the girls, and I love that I can choose what is in them...raisins, dried fruit, peanut butter chips...yum!

Lately I have been thinking about trying to make my own granola and I have been searching high and low for a recipe. Most of the recipes calls for a pound of butter, 5 cups of maple syrup, a quart of oil and some brown sugar to top it off. How in the world can this be good for you? But I finally found a recipe that is perfect. I can add what I want to it, and it doesn't have a bunch of sugar and a bunch of butter. I have made this several times and it is a winner. Click on the title of this post and you will be taken to the recipe.

2 comments:

M & M said...

Where's the recipe?

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

click on the title of the post...it took me a while to figure out where it put the link...