Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Getting Things Done

If you are a Mama, you might not think there is anything wrong with these pictures. Or maybe you are a Mama and you think there are tons of things wrong with these pics. I took these pictures on a day when I was particularly frustrated. I was mostly frustrated about my inability to get anything done around the house. This is one result of not having the girls in preschool, the house is rarely clean.
I am not a clean freak, but I do like order and I like to be in control of things, namely the house, but I have been trying to trade control for fun with my children. We made a fort in the living room and had a great time roasting marshmallows and looking at the moon and stars, and reading "Winnie the Pooh" while curled up inside the tent.
So, sorting the fall clothes and cleaning the kitchen had to wait for a few days. It was worth it. I realize there are many different kinds of Mamas that love and care for their children in many different ways. Some Mamas care for their families with an immaculate house, some Mamas care for their families by taking them on fun outings, or making incredible food, etc. It has been fun for me to discover different ways to care for my family, and to find contentment in sometimes being out of control.

2 comments:

Jean Joiner said...

thanks for that...makes me feel a lot better!

Christy said...

What's wrong with your house? I'm totally confused ...