Sunday, March 28, 2010

Two Projects Down...


...a million more to go, right? This weekend we finished our second big house project. The first was the front yard, the second was painting the entryway/hallway/stairway. This also included painting all the wood varnished trim, even the running boards on the stairs.

I mostly helped tape and plastic everything off because we rented a machine...sweet deal! Dave worked the machine and we had everything primed and painted the first day. The second day we worked on the trim...this actually was one of our biggest projects (in theory), but it went fairly smoothly and fairly quickly. Yea! And it looks awesome. It is a grayish-green color, so sometimes it looks a little more green than gray, but whatev, I like it.

I am also convinced that having all the white on the trim and running boards makes the upstairs hallway a lot brighter. Dave just thinks it is brighter because we replaced a burned-out light bulb. We'll see.

I was also able to go through all my bins of girls clothes and sort. I sorted out all the clothes that a boy could wear...all those green and yellow jammies and onesies, and I sorted out the girls' current clothes. This is such a pain, but glad it is done. Now if it can just stay warm for a while, I will put up all their winter clothes. This week I hope to plant some flowers on our porch...thinking about a lot of coneflowers...hopefully Mom will help me pick something cool out. And finally Dave and I need to decide if we are going to move HC and Annelise into Annelise's old room (which is pink) or if we are going to paint Annelise's old room...quick decide!

1 comment:

M & M said...

Looks great! We have to paint trim too soon. tell me more about this machine.