Monday, March 22, 2010

The Elf Goes Swimming

I love my girls, but it is hard to imagine having two children who are more different from one another. Annelise made a big splash when she came into this world, and I continue to be surprised by her little personality. I could say the same thing about Hadleigh, it is so interesting to see how she continues to develop in temperment and personality.

This year Hadleigh has been in preschool 2 days a week, and Annelise has been in preschool 1 day a week. Since September I have been attending a women's Bible study on the day that Hadleigh was in school, and Annelise as with me. That has been great, but a couple weeks ago I decided that it might be fun to spend some quality time with Annelise. So, I enrolled her in a swim class...and since she is 2 I am getting in the pool with her (large prego in bathing suit...ugh...all in the name of bonding). She LOVES it. We have only had 2 classes, and yet talks about swimming at least once a day. We are going to a real swim club, which I love because the teachers are very knowledgeable and teach the kids correct technique. They do lots of little activities with the kids which really helps them adapt to the water. Already Annelise has shown great progress and this last week our instructor gave her harder activities because she is definitely ready.

Of course I was a swimmer, so I love that she is so anxious to get in the pool, and take instruction and swim. I'm hopeful that Annelise will really be swimming by the time our pool opens up, and I'm also hopeful that will motivate Hadleigh to step up her game. HC will be taking swim lessons later this spring. She did really well last year, but she is just more timid...it's good to have a little fear of the water, but I really want her to have the skills she needs for the summer.

One of these days I'll get a picture of the munch in her swimsuit...she is SO cute!

1 comment:

Brea said...

I just signed up B for lessons at Dynamo...crossing my fingers, as he's a bit timid with the water (ie, won't let go of me!). So glad A likes the water!