Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Elf is 2 Months

Today, our little elf, Annelise, is two months old. And as I type she is sleeping in the swing next to me. It has been a long 2 months, but I think the worst is finally over. Over the last week Annelise has begun sleeping in her own bed at night. This means I can feed her and immediately put her back in bed and she will sleep 3 hours until she is hungry again. Major accomplishment! She still likes to be held during the day, but tends to tolerate her swing for her afternoon snooze. I am actually able to get something done! Today I made cookies because my buds, Kris, Alex, Zack and Kate are coming over tomorrow to decorate them. And I am also going to make chicken pot pie tonight because Courtney and Jeremy are coming over for dinner.

Our little elf is eating well, every three hours around the clock, and seems to be growing. She is now smiling which has helped us to enjoy her more (hard to like someone when they are always screaming at you). She has kept most of her hair, but it seems to be getting a little lighter. She has red eyebrows, so I feel just certain she is going to have red hair (seems to fit with her personality). A lot more folks are saying she looks like me, but it seems to change everyday.


She loves her baths and could sit in the tub for hours.



Right now she is sick. Some wretched soul gave Hadleigh the bug and while we managed to keep her away from Annelise, Hadleigh managed to give her sickness to us, and we in turn gave it to Annelise. It is really sad to see such a little one sick. She is coughing a lot trying to get the junk out of her lungs and just looks miserable. Poor thing.


Next we hit the doctor's office for the 2 month visit, so I will know height and weight soon. I am going while Hadleigh is in her morning class...made the mistake of taking both of them to the dr.'s last time...NIGHTMARE!










No comments: