Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Packing Out


I used to watch the Cosby show. I remember one episode where Cliff was making fun of Claire for cleaning the house before the cleaning lady came to clean the house. The thought made me grin because my Papa Dick used to have a cleaning lady and his wife, Nana Joan used to clean the house before her cleaning lady came. Funny. The night before the movers came I realized I was doing the same thing...who packs before the movers come?

The German movers came September 18th and packed out our entire house. The next day they came back to load everything onto our container (which looks like the back of a tractor-trailer). After they loaded our household goods in, they locked it down with ropes and then put in our car. I was a little nervous that the container said "China Shipping".

1 comment:

jessrings said...

It seems like the whole German moving system is designed to create maximum anxiety. Case in point- China shipping and infra red remotes.