Thursday, July 20, 2006

71 Days Notice

I love that movie “Two Weeks Notice” with Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant. Dave actually rented it for me a month or so ago and we watched it together. I think that actually the first time I saw it was with my BFF Erica Anne Pollock.

In any case, normal people generally give two weeks notice when they are leaving their current job. Some folks give more than that out of courtesy. For example last spring I knew that I was going to quite my job at the Education Center by August 1 in order to devote my time to women’s ministry at the Chapel. I knew it would be hard to fill my position quickly, so I gave them 2 months notice. Even with that they still ended up asking me to stay a couple more weeks in order to train the new gal. I agreed and then of course, got prego and started puking, so that didn’t work out too well in the end. Anyway!

Some folks give more notice time because they are required by their contract to give more notice. Case in point, Dave’s contract requires him to give 90 days notice if he wants to leave. So 19 days ago he gave the folks notice. That means we have 71 days to go here in Germany. We even have our plane tickets back to the states. We fly to Atlanta on September 29. We don’t know what we will be doing post-September 29. Hopefully a week in Cali and a week in TN visiting the fams. The only family member who has met Hadleigh is my mom. And hopefully a long weekend or so in Atl visiting friends. And then…from there only the Lord knows, but I am sure it will be an adventure, because it always is.

No comments: