Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31, 2004

Look at us, so young and rested and kid-less! Behind us you see "our" bridge, the Pont Neuf in Paris. We are standing on the foot bridge just up from it, you know the bridge that "Sex and the City" made famous. It was actually important to us before the final episode of "Sex and the City".

In April 2002 I visited Paris for the first time with my then roomie, Amy. We fell in love with all things Paris, and since I have always had a love of bridges I added the Pont Neuf to my list of bridges that one day I hoped to be kissed on...I know silly romantic. It was just about 6 weeks after I returned from Paris that I met Dave and shortly after we started dating. At Christmas of that year he told me he loved me, but I was still unsure, so I held my cards until we had a 24-hour layover in Paris on our way home from Bulgaria. We were there in January of 2003, it was freezing cold, we managed to ditch the other folks we were there with and I led Dave to the foot bridge that overlooks the Pont Neuf. It was cold, and dark, but it was the perfect place to tell him how I loved him and there on the bridge we had our first kiss.

I had no idea in January of 2003 that in April of 2004 I would be married to Dave and we would be living in Germany...what a sweet deal. FOr New Year's of 2004 we met our buds Daren and Sarah in Paris and had a grand time. Sar took this picture for us. At that time I had no idea that in December of 2010 I would be back living in Atlanta with 3 children! How amazing life is! It shall be interesting to see what 2011 has in store for us.

1 comment:

Brea said...

This is fun. It's true, we never know where life will take us!