Friday, November 14, 2008

Chairs

Before:
After:


Dave bought these lovely chairs and the matching table from a pub in Memphis (I think that is the story). At some point after he bought them 8 years ago he recovered them and you can see what they have looked like for the last 8 years. I decided it was time for a change, so I picked out this fabric and recovered them on Sunday. It was a fun project, one of many that are on my list in the upcoming months.

We are currently picking out paint colors for the living room, hallway/entry, and our two downstairs bathroom. Dave won't let me touch the man-room...he just wants me out and says he is going to make it his secret project (like Ty on Extreme Home Make-over). I reminded him that if he locked me out of that room for a week I would not be able to do the laundry (since the laundry room is off the man-room). He insists that he will take care of the laundry that week. We will see, though I think that room is not as close to being done as some of the others.

We are anticipating a tax return this year, so we are hoping to get another couch (so that we can watch TV on a couch, as opposed to sitting on the floor), and a couple other small pieces of furniture. I am also looking into making a couple shades for our windows, etc. It should be fun times beginning in December.

No comments: