Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Playroom Initiated and Oatmeal


Here we have our playroom. It is actually a dining room minus the dining room furniture. We do not have dining room furniture and since this room is right off the kitchen I thought it just as good as any for the playroom. I do plan one day to grow up and have adult furniture, but today is not that day. The girls need to be close to me, and since I spend a good deal of time in the kitchen it just makes sense. We got the bookshelf at Ikea in Saarlouis (yes that is Germany) and decided at this place to use it exclusively as a place for toys. Love the buckets from Walmart which get organized every few months. Today the whole playgroup crew came over to initiate my house. It was quite a day! My house is still not entirely toddler proof, but it was nice to have all the kiddos point out all the things I still need to do/hide. I also think that every member of the playgroup came today, so it was crazy! HC spent the first 30 minutes in tears completely overwhelmed and hugging my leg. After that she spent time running around with all of her buds and having a great time. Christy held Annelise for the whole first half of our group...THANK YOU...which was a blessing...and nice that Annelise even allowed that to happen. She was a little doll baby the entire group. We are looking forward to many more playgroups here!

Yesterday the little elf tried oatmeal for the first time. I think I made it too lumpy for her tastes, so we wil try again with it a little less lumps and a little more water.

No comments: