Monday, April 14, 2008

The Elf Gets Dunked

The Little Elf


This past Sunday Miss Annelise was baptized. Technically she was sprinkled, not dunked, but I thought dunked made for a better title. Our good buds, John and Brea videoed the event, so as soon as Dave shows me how to upload video clips I will post it. In the mean time you can just get some wonderful pictures.
Annelise wore the dress that Hadleigh wore at her baptism, which was the same dress that I wore when I was dedicated 31 years ago. If you want to know more about our views on baptism, and get more of a sense of how it goes, you can click here to see notes from Hadleigh's baptism. The link takes you to what David Stoddard said when Hadleigh was baptized, the vows are the same.
One more fun thing is that our family loves the song by Stuart Townend called "In Christ Alone". I have mentioned this multiple times on the blog. It is one of the songs we sing to Hadleigh when she goes to sleep, so when Hadleigh was baptized I requested we sing this song (since Dave helped lead worship, it was an easy request). At church yesterday we sang not only "In Christ Alone" which I also now sing to Annelise, but we also sang two songs that we sang during our wedding, "Thy Mercy My God" and "At the Name of Jesus". It was very special to be taken back to Hadleigh's baptism and also to our wedding day.
We had been taking bets on what Annelise would do during her baptism. I just KNEW she would cry the question was when. Would it be when we walked onto the stage, when I handed Annelise over to John, or when she sprinkled with water. As it turns out she was a perfect angel and did not cry at all.

It was a wonderful blessing to have my parents and Dave's parents here, as well as Dave's sister Angie, her boyfriend, Ron, and Dave's nephews, Jon and Jacob. After the baptism we all went out to lunch at Monterrey's...it was fab.

2 comments:

Brea said...

Wow, that gives me chills about the songs.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.