Friday, December 21, 2007

Intown

I am just sitting here at the computer, paying bills, balancing our check book and organizing the massive amount of papers sitting on my desk. I came upon a letter from our new pastor, John Tinnin and as I read it I became overwhelmed with thanksgiving. My family is lucky to be involved with Intown, and I am so thankful that the Lord brought us back to Atlanta.

We have been able to hear wonderful Gospel centered sermons that have challenged us, and that we talk about during the week. I have actually been amazed at how often during the week I will hear someone mention the sermon. What a blessing to have a pastor who can preach the word, and to have the Holy Spirit continue to use those words throughout the week to prick hearts!

I was also thinking about the Lessons and Carols service this year. Lessons and Carols is an entire service where the Gospel is presented through nine passages of scripture (beginning in the Old Testament and continuing into the New Testament) and nine carols. Dave and I chuckled as we thought about the Lessons and Carols we had in Germany where one of the carols was Feliz Navidad.

We are so blessed through the folks at Intown, and I am so thankful to be back here again.

1 comment:

Emily Brianne said...

Ami, I have no idea whether you remember me or not, but my sister and I went to EVFree growing up and to NPHS. My sister Sarah is Dan's age and I'm younger.. anyhow, I am headed to Atlanta on Tuesday to help run the National Short Term Missions Conference and I saw that you guys used to live overseas and I wondered if it might be something you might like to check out. Please email me at emilybrianne@gmail.com if you want... Sorry this is so random and stalkerish: I don't even remember how I found you guys.
Peace, Emily Johnston