Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God

I am finished. Today I handed over my key to the Chapel Annex, and with that my year of serving as PWOC President has ended.

As thank you presents for the women who served on my board I bought copies of the book “Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God” by Noel Piper (John’s wife). I haven’t read the book, but I thought it summed up this year of service. We sought to be faithful and the Lord showed himself Extraordinary in lots of different ways. We have had over 95 women walk through the doors of the Chapel Annex for Bible Study over the last year. Extraordinary.

We had over 60 ladies and their children (over 80) attend our Mid Deployment Women’s Retreat, which was put on with the help of 13 ladies from my parent’s church, Evangelical Free Church of the Conejo Valley.

We have seen women plug into a chapel or a church from PWOC.

We have seen the PWOC women rise to the challenge and the call to be “Women of the Chapel” and to serve the Chapel community through love meals, teaching Sunday School and Children’s Church, baking food for memorial services, etc.

The Lord has been faithful to us.

During the spring semester I took a study on I & II Timothy and Titus. We didn’t get through the whole study, but I think we ended on a fitting note today as talked through II Timothy 2. “The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful who will be able to teach others also.” This year my role has shifted. I became a mother. Now as I get to know the Lord more and more I not only have responsibility to teach faithful women, but I have the responsibility to teach Hadleigh. I was reflecting on that this morning. The women in my life that I “teach” will always change whether because I move away, or they move away, or my ministry focus changes. But I will ALWAYS be responsible for teaching Hadleigh about the Lord. That job will never change.

I love the passage in Psalms 145 (which Dave and I had read at our wedding) “One generation shall praise your works to another, And shall declare Your mighty acts.” I will always have the awesome privilege of telling Hadleigh of the Lord’s awesome works as told to us in His Word, and as shown to us through his faithful care of our family.

I am technically finished with PWOC, but I will never be finished teaching others about the Lord’s faithfulness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

isn't pwoc the best?

i found your blog through a search, "pwoc blogspot"

nice family! keep the faith!