Friday, June 02, 2006

Day 5- Orvieto


According to Rick Steves Tuesday was Market Day in Orvieto, so we thought it would be perfect to chill there for the day. We got Hadleigh ready and headed out a little before noon.

The old town of Orvieto sits on the top of a hill, so we took a funicular up to the top and then a bus to the main square. The church is totally rocking and Dave and I spent a long time in awe of the church.

We wandered around, had lunch, looked for the Market which we ended up hearing is now on Thursdays, not Tuesdays, got a gelato and went into a photo store to look for another memory card for Dave’s camera. I had wanted to get one before we left, but Dave thought he wouldn’t take that many pictures. When we arrived in Tuscany the day before he said “you didn’t tell me it was going to be pretty”. I thought that was funny, but knew at that point we would need a new card.

Just before we went into the store I had put sun block on Hadleigh, so after looking around a little bit I grabbed her leg and when it was a little wet I thought I hadn’t rubbed the sunblock in well enough. Only I happen to glance at my one free hand (the other was holding my gelato) and found that it was covered in poop. I screamed, leaned back (so that the carrier wasn’t against my body because I was wearing white capris) and began yelling at Dave to get the wipes. We paid for the card, and ran out into the square where Dave managed to get her off me without getting poop on my white pants (very important). Now, there was poop all up her back, up to her neck and up her front. We weren’t sure how to get her clothes off without getting the poop all over her. Dave lifted her upside by her feet while I stripped her down and proceeded to wipe off every inch of her little body.

Of course since we were just going to Orvieto and would only be gone a few hours I hadn’t brought an extra change of clothes. So I wrapped Hadleigh up in a blanket and we headed back to the funicular and back to La Cassette.

Dinner tonight was artichoke paste bruchetta, mushroom lasagna, and veal.

No comments: