Friday, April 14, 2006

Like Mother, Like Daughter

It is so much fun to have Hadleigh around and to continue to get to know her. More and more we recognize little things in her that remind us of me or of Dave.

She has some crazy expressions like her daddy. She doesn’t like taking her vitamins like her mommy. She takes about 30 minutes of stretching and yawning to wake up like her mommy and she also has a slobber problem.

Soon after Dave and I started dating he kindly offered to make me a night guard. One night he brought over some materials to make a mold of my teeth. He prepared the materials and put the tray in my mouth and I held it in place. After a minute I started feeling like I was drooling, so I tried to wipe my bottom lip only to pull away a strand of spit. Dave, ever the gentleman, grabbed a paper towel for me to wipe, but to no avail.

Finally he pulled over a trash can and I stood above it with a long strand of drool that went from my mouth into the trash can. I was mortified, since we had only been dating a couple of weeks, and Dave was hysterical. In any case my saliva ducts are in good working order, and so apparently are Hadleigh’s.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is hilarious. It's moments like that that you look back on and realize dating is crazy, but you know you've got a good one on your hands when you are both cool with the drooling. What a great story!