Monday, February 06, 2006

Shower


About 10 days ago my friends surprised me with a baby shower. I was quite surprised, though I have to admit I was on to their schemes for a while, but after many, many convincing lies, they threw me off. They had to go so far as to tell me that they had forgotten to plan a shower because they were all so busy...that hurt a little! But it all worked out in the end.

We had a snow storm on the day of the shower, but they managed to still get a good crowd out and it was fun to have my mom there as well as all the ladies from California who had come to help with the retreat.

As you can see my friends went all out. We had an Italian dinner with appetizers of bruchetta and dessert of cake and chocolate covered cherries. Everything was green and red! They even had little vases with one tulip each to hand out as party favors. There was a little card on each vase that said "When you see this today, pray for Baby McNay". One of my friends decorated my cakes with a butterfly and a dragonfly, each taken from the pattern of my bedding.

Before the gift giving began they spent some time praying for Dave and Cubby and me. It was all amazing...

3 comments:

jessrings said...

Oh my Lord..what happened to Dave's hair?

Lisa said...

I concur with jessrings :) But I LOVE, LOVE LOVE the picture of you two being prayed over. What an awesome blessing. The body of Christ at its best lifting up in prayer and supporting and covering a brother and sister. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Anonymous said...

i didn't know Dave and moby were the same person. i really didn't think moby could fish.