Monday, June 20, 2005

Where in the World


In February 2004, Dave and I quit our jobs in Atlanta, Georgia because Dave was hired to work as a dentist for the US Army in Europe. Though our paperwork said we needed to arrive in Baumholder, Germany by March 15, our visas did not go through until the middle of April. Last spring we found that we had a lot of time on our hands as we waited for confirmation of our visas.

By the beginning of March I was going crazy, so Dave and I decided to take a road trip. One of my best friends from college had just had her first baby boy, Todd Matthew and I wanted to drive to Cincinnati to meet little Todd. When I asked Dave where he wanted to go he quickly responded with "Banff".

For those who don't know, Banff is a Canadian National Park near Calgary, Alberta. Dave had spent some time out there after he graduated from college, and I have wanted to go there since 7th grade (ever since I read "When Comes the Heart" by Janette Oke) to see the Canadian Mountains and Lake Louise. We had talked about spending our honeymoon in Banff, but Dave opted for a surprise trip to Maine where we spent 10 days watching the leaves turn from green to red.

A couple days after our conversation we were off to Cincinnati via Banff, Alberta. On the way we decided to play a little game with our friends called "Where in the World are Dave and Ami?" Everyday we sent a random picture from a random place and gave a random clue. Everyone who got it right got a point and we got the winner of the game (I think that it was Tubbs) a special gift (I actually think that it was the movie "Fargo" which we bought at a Walmart in Fargo, ND).

In any case, we ended up leaving for Germany on tax day 2004 and since we have been here for a year we have been a LOT of places. We needed a place where we could share our love for places and our fun adventures with others and we also wanted to play another round of "Where in the World." Our good bud, Jess, created her blog a month or so ago, and we became really inspired when my bro, Dan, created his blog to keep us aprised of my nephew, Matthew's, growth (also probably because I beg them to send me pictures about once a week). So here you go, we hope that you enjoy.

The picture: Dave and Ami behind the Banff Springs Hotel.

5 comments:

jessrings said...

YOU GUYS ARE DOING A BLOG!! Awesome.

Jess

jessrings said...

Goooood job you did some setting changes- they worked- I couldn't see your blog without typing in the link.

You rule. Have a good weekend.

Jess

Anonymous said...

loved catching up with you
you both look great!

Bill

Anonymous said...

Ames, you gotta add me and Mike to the "Where in the World" games you play! I feel left out! (And I'm so flippin' jealous at where in the world you are!) :)

Love your blog! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys dad says this blog is nice.
Love Mom & Dad