Wednesday, September 22, 2010

True is 2 Months

Poor little True, I don't know that I will be able to always take the time to write about his monthly happenings. We'll see if I can get back in the habit.

He just had his 2 month check-up and weighed 11 pounds, 8 ounces and was 23.5 inches long. This puts him at 50% for both height and weight. He actually gained almost 2 pounds since his 1 month appointment, which is great news with all the nursing insanity. My doc asked if I was making buttermilk. I figure this is how it always seems to go with my babies, they get big fast and then they get little fast. If he follows suit with Hadleigh and Annelise he will be down to 5% by his 6 month check-up. We'll see how it goes, but for now he is long and lean.

He IS the sweetest thing ever. He is full of smiles and giggles and it is truly a joy to be around him. If you look at him in the eye he will give you a smile, no matter who you are. He is sleeping fairly well. During the day he is happy to take naps in the swing, in his crib, or car seat or infant carrier. Yesterday he slept in his crib from 11.30 until 2.30, which is fabulous and something he does often. At night he generally stretches from 4-6 hours. Last night he slept from 6-12 and then woke up at 4 to be fed and then at 7 for the day. I am hoping those stretches will continue to lengthen, but at least he is eating and going right back to sleep. And of course if he WAS sleeping all the way through the night he would have to go down in the books as the best baby ever, so I'm just happy with our situation at present.
I'll have to get some more pictures of him up soon. I love you True, and am so thankful that you are in our family!

No comments: