Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Life with Three

I am obviously a bit busier with three kiddos since I have not updated my blog in a while, although it seems that the blog has suffered quite a bit this year. Maybe I have less and less to say...or not. =) If I had the time I would post several things today, but I do not think that is going to happen because in 30 minutes I will need to feed True, and I abhor typing with one hand...it is so slow.

So, life with three, and life with True. True is a sweet and smiley baby. Believe it or not...and I have a video to prove it, so that probably means you need to believe it, True began smiling at us when he was one week old. I know, you think I am just a doting mother, but seriously this is my third baby and it was not a gassy smile. So it seems that the Lord blessed us with a sweet, sweet baby and we are forever grateful. He is very alert and loves talking to the girls, who absolutely ADORE him. He enjoys looking around, and sleeping in our arms, and also sleeping in his bed. He enjoys eating every 3 hours and now enjoys going right back to sleep after eating (during the night). He rarely cries, except for one night after I ate curry...woops! And usually he stops crying as soon as you pick him up. So sweet! He loves the swing...thank you to Christy for letting me borrow hers!

The major bump in the road with True's arrival has actually been on my end, a series of insane issues related to nursing. That might be a story that I write about when I blog my labor story...the update is, thanks to numerous prayers, a wonderful friend who is a post-partum nurse, and because we had a lot of family help from our moms, I am still nursing and it is going much better.

As I mentioned the girls ADORE True. Their initial reaction to him ran just as I should have expected given their personalities. Annelise came running in the house, right up to him, touched his head and said, "hello little one!" SO SWEET! Hadleigh quietly came in and observed him for a while. She wanted to be near him, but she did not want to touch him. After a couple days she was holding him and feeding him from the bottle, all anxieties gone.

Because I do not have a 20 month old this time around this transition has been a LOT easier. The girls easily entertain themselves for hours on end. They have not shown signs of jealousy, just signs of normal transitions. They are super helpful and will go and are happy to help in any way possible. They hate it when I change a diaper without them (have to check out his poop), and are eager to bring me things, throw away things, talk to True if he is fussy, give him his "chewy" (pacifier) or blanket, or animal, or anything that might make him feel better.

Today I was feeding True while reading to HC during her rest time. When I finished she sat and talked to True, and popped his chewy in his mouth a number of times until he fell asleep...and all the while I was taking a little snooze myself. Whenever he smiles at her, HC exclaims, "True loves me!" The other day I overheard HC talking to True, "I can't wait until you grow up so I can play with you. Then I will share all of my toys with you!" And honestly I believe she really will.

The first week home Dave's mom came to help which was wonderful, and then Dave stayed home for a week and finally my mom came for two weeks. I am now in the second full week of being on my own and we are all surviving. I have ventured out on my own for groceries, for haircuts (for the girls), and today we even went to the pool. We are still getting meals from all of our wonderful friends, so I don't have to worry about that, but we have even managed to keep our house fairly straightened. These are all blessings, I don't know if they will last, but for now it is good.

We are all looking forward to fall, when hopefully it will not be 100 degrees and ridiculously humid. I can't wait to spend some time outside because I feel like I haven't been outside since May. And as we hit September we are getting into more of a routine and pattern of life. I love having a routine that I can count on and also deviate from when I feel like it. I hope to be able to blog a little more...maybe with a post about Labor and maybe with a post about School...we'll see what happens.

3 comments:

M & M said...

What a blessing to hear about such a sweet baby--may he remain that way!

Christy said...

Yea! So glad he loves the swing.

Such a beautiful, beautiful family you've got there.

Brea said...

This post made me smile. So thankful you've been blessed with a sweet and easy baby. It's really encouraging to see how well the McNay's are adjusting to having three kiddos! And I'm thankful nursing is working out for you after all. Heaven knows you've worked for it!