Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Almost a Big Day

Sunday was a big day, not only was it Easter, but we celebrated 2 years of living in our home. This is a huge milestone to me. For the most part I have enjoyed being a home owner...besides the fact that sometimes you have to spend money on things that aren't "fun". I love our home, and our neighborhood and am continually thankful that we live here, despite our best efforts to live somewhere else.

I love that our house is a little older and has projects that need to get done. I love that we can live in it as it is and do not need to do any projects if we do not want. I love that we have lots of space to play, and have people over, and that we will never have to move because of a lack of space. I love our flat, green, backyard which is perfect for gardening and for playing. I love our neighborhood. I love going outside in the afternoon for a stroll and stopping to pet dogs and cats, and to smell flowers, and to have an impromptu playdate with neighborhood children. This home has been such a blessing to us.

I was also thinking that 2 years is the longest I have lived anywhere in my adult life, but I was slightly off. The longest I have lived anywhere is 2 years and 1 month, so on May 4 I will be able to celebrate a new milestone. It is interesting to go from being a wanderer...moving 11 times in 10 years, 2 of those across the country and 2 of those across the ocean...to being a mostly rooted person. You can almost write my address in pen theses days. But I'm certainly thankful to have ended up here, and I hope to be here for a long time.

1 comment:

Christy said...

what is this "ALMOST write my address in pen" business?