Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Elf is 14 Months


Annelise is 14 months and she is officially a walker! I can't believe that a baby of mine is walking before 18 months! This is SO fun. Annelise has been cruising since, oh, 8 months? Last week while we were with my grandmother she began to take two steps between Dave and I. Uncle Alan kept saying she was going to start walking any minute. This week, while Dave's parents were visiting, Annelise began taking up to 10 steps at a time. She even will be sitting in my lap, stand up and walk across the room on her own. Wow. Hadleigh had fun running between Grandma and me, while Annelise walked between us. Fun news!

Annelise added two more states to her sparse travels (poor thing) with our trip up to New Jersey and New York. This brings her state count up to 7, and poor thing has never been out of the country. We do hope to remedy that this year.

Annelise LOVES Hadleigh. She squeals with joy when she sees her which is SO fun to watch. It is amazing to see them play together quietly. Annelise has begun to pretend with the help and encouragement of Hadleigh. She will take a "drink" out of an empty cup and pretend to put food in her mouth. The other day HC and Annelise were sitting at their new kitchen and HC was handing Annelise some pots and Annelise was putting "food" into the pots. It was amazing.

While Annelise love HC, she also is an antagonizer...hmm...Dave? She likes to hit HC, and has to be reminded to "touch nice" which she will do when prompted. She does other things to irritate Hadleigh, and it is pretty funny to watch (one of those moments when you chuckle to yourself because chuckling out loud would be inappropriate). As my grandma said last week, Annelise has a loud voice. It is true, but it can also be a swet voice.

She is still my cuddle bug. Oh, I love a good Annelise cuddle. She is also a great kisser and gives some major smooch on the cheek.

The Elf is eating better these days, which is a much needed relief for me. She still likes to throw food everywhere (thus the plastic under her chair), but she is at least eating SOME of the food on her tray.

She loves to sing along with Hadleigh and she loves to say "Daddy!" She loves her blanket and her special bunny. She has a mullet. That is all I have to say about my elf.

1 comment:

Brea said...

Walking...oh my heavens!!! I had no idea! For some reason, I still think of her as a baby. Not so! Definitely a toddler now!