Thursday, September 27, 2007

School


This week I am super thankful for the morning program that little Hadleigh has been attending. Having the break for me has been fabulous. I have been busy with the planning of this mini marriage conference, and then also getting the house ready for Fred's arrival. Having 3 hours I can devote to whatever (one week sleeping) has been a little dream.

As nice as the break has been for me, it has been doubly fun for Hadleigh. From what I can tell she LOVES her class. She does the usual cry-show for me as I drop her off, but this week before I had even gotten out of the classroom door she had stopped. They play and sing and go to the playground. This week our refrigerator is the proud displayer of her first art project. I am so proud! When I pick her up she sings all the way home, so sweet.

I think that I have mentioned this before, but HC is an avid reader. We actually have more books than toys in the house. She has two baskets full of board books, like "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and then we have a small bookcase full of big girl books. She likes her board books, but she LOVES her big girl books. At least two times a day we will read several big girl books. Sometimes she likes me to read them to her and other times she likes to read them herself. This week her favorite is "Oh the Places You'll Go". She pours over the pictures again and again and points out all the things that she knows on each page. After reading in her big girl books for quite a while, she will reluctantly go "play", which usually means pouring over her board books. That is my girl, the reader.

I took the above picture a couple weeks ago when my friend, Jess came for a visit. Hadleigh jumped in her chair and Jess continued to hand her stuffed animals (which she loves almost as much as books). She was completely surrounded by animals and was hugging and kissing each of them. She is so sweet.

On a different note, I think my body is getting a little used to Fred being so low. By the end of the day, wowee, do I ever strut/waddle around, but it is not as bad during the first half of the day. I am relieved. Monday I also made a master To-Do list of all the things that need to get done before she arrives. It has everything from, washing her baby clothes to getting the car seat ready, to organizing the closet in the bathroom. I look forward to knocking out the list and then waiting patiently for her arrival.

No comments: