Wednesday, March 07, 2007

You've Come A Long Way!


Today is my baby's first birthday. I can hardly believe that just one year ago we were living in frozen Germany and wondering if today was the day that Hadleigh Claire would make her entrance to the world.

It all was quite an adventure, and remembering it is fun. On March 4, 2006, the heavens opened up and dropped 18 inches on Baumholder in about 4 hours. On the 6th they were promising another 6 inches, so I knew if HC was coming I had to give everyone plenty of time. Dave came home mid-morning and around lunch time we headed to the hospital. By dinner time, I was still not dialated even though I was having contractions 6 minutes apart. We left the hospital, but were back at 9 that evening. Finally at midnight things were starting to move...1 cm...by 1am I was 2 cm...by 2am I was 3 cm. That was the last I remember...I just remember being shocked that it was time to push at 3.30am. HC arrived at 3.52.

No comments: